Smooth Fitness - Poor customer service

Terrible, i've never gone through such a horrible experience with any purchase online or retail ever.Ordering was fine, delivery was on time.

Bought the elliptical 3.0. When we opened up the order after delivery the base unit was pretty badly damaged. I called customer service got transferred to service where Kevin offered to send replacement covers for the base unit. I explained the damage looked more than just the plastic covers & wanted a replacement.

He says "oh no that would be like replacing the entire order, we don't do that.' WTF! Then i said either do the replacement or im returning the order. No reply. So i sent the unit back, took 1 to 2 months to get it done but it got done.

Then i was refunded but they decided to charge me for the return shipping and restocking fee, great. Send me broken *** and then charge me for returning it. Said i had't noted the damage at the time of delivery, even though i called them within 2 hours of delivery. Another month of trying to get my money back for these charges with no luck.

I finally get moved over to speak to this Jeff Moser guy who didn't even read the previous messages and asks if i want a new unit delivered? Then realizes the return was already done and tells me to disregard that and the refund was issued end of discussion. I tell him to read the previous correspondence & that i want the restocking fee and shipping charges refunded. No answer.

Terrible service. Never buying anything Smooth Fitness ever. Oh and this Kevin guy wanted me to put the machine together which i think takes about 2 hours based on reviews and test the machine for problems before he would even send a technician, apparently that is company policy. I told him i wasn't an expert and there would be problems that could go unnoticed.

"Oh well do your best..." i told em i wasn't wasting my time and this shouldn't be something i have to do.i got the too bad so bad deal with that.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Smooth Fitness

Sep 12, 2013 #715821 King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

Good afternoon,

We at Smooth Fitness would like to deeply apologize for any and all inconveniences this has caused you. We strive to have the best customer support and continue to improve customer satisfaction every day. Feedback is greatly appreciated and allows us to improve our efforts to meet our customers’ needs. Again, we very much apologize, and hopefully in the future we can regain your trust.

If there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me directly.

Omar Edwards
Assistant Director of Marketing
Smooth Fitness

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.