Update by user Mar 03, 2014

****Update 3/3/14****

Received call from repair company on Feb 26. Technician arrived Sat, Mar 1 and completed repair.

Update by user Feb 19, 2014

****Update 2/19/14****

Received comment from Smooth FItness to contact them for assistance in resolving the issue. I emailed them my order information. Hopefully this will be resolved.

Original review posted by user Feb 13, 2014

I previously owned a Smooth 9.25HR treadmill (purchased in 2004). It provided nearly ten years of service with only routine maintenance required. In May 2013 I ordered a new treadmill (9.35). I received the unit in June 2013. However, when the technician went to assembled, there were damaged parts. I called and a replacement was ordered (backordered) and I received the 9.65LC in late July 2013.

In October 2013, the incline function stopped working. I placed my first service request online around Nov 6, 2013. On Nov 7, 2013 I received an email informing me that Bulent from the service department would contact me within 24-48 hrs. After waiting 10 days (and no contact from Smooth) I emailed again requesting follow-up (on Nov 18, 2013). After waiting 10 days (and no contact from Smooth) I emailed again requesting follow-up (on Nov 29, 2013).

I then started to phone in to the support department. Finally, on Dec 5, 2013 I reached Bulent and he sent out replacement parts. I received the replacement parts on Dec 12, 2013.

After attempting to install the parts myself (I was unable to remove the control board do to the position of the securing nuts/bolts), I contacted Bulent on Dec 22, 2013 indicating I needed a repair technician to be sent out. After several weeks I followed up again via email with Bulent stating my request (I had not heard back from him) on Jan 8, 2014. I waited another week and emailed again on Jan 15, 2014 and still received no reply.

I again took to the phone. After fighting through wait time, disconnections and full voicemail boxes, I spoke to someone in the service department (around Jan 30, 2014). He entered my information and indicated a service technician would contact me within 72 hrs. After waiting a week, I called again on Feb 6, 2014 and spoke with Joe. He looked up my information and said the repair had been assigned incorrectly. He corrected the information and said someone would contact me within 72 hrs to arrange repair.

Here I am 3 months after requesting repair and am still waiting service support. I cannot recommend Smooth at this time due to the complete lack of customer service and attention to customer needs.

Review about: Smooth Fitness Treadmill.

Comments

CKilbane
Eagle Lake, Maine, United States #790557

** Update March 3, 2014 **

Issue has been resolved and treadmill is now repaired.

King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States #786640

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay. Can you please email me your order information so I can have the Service Manager look into your account so we can expedite it for you. Again we are very sorry and I'll do everything in my power to get this resolved ASAP.

Alison